- 1 acorn squash, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scoop the seeds and stringy pulp out of the squash cavities and discard. In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup, lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Rub the squash cavities and cut sides of the squash with the butter mixture and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Top with plain Greek yogurt, nuts, or dried fruit.
Makes 2 servings