- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor except cilantro. Puree until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and process for about 15 seconds.
Makes 6 servings
1/2 cup is a serving