- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup bran cereal
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped stemmed dried figs
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place the oats, bran cereal, flour, walnuts, figs, dry milk, cinnamon and ginger in a food processor or blender. Coarsely chop.
- Add the honey and eggs. Pulse until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan. Spread evenly with your fingers.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then cut into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months.
Makes 16 servings