- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or nuts
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, and sunflower seeds.
- Combine oil, honey, and vanilla in a saucepan and heat slightly.
- Pour oil mixture over dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to two 9×13-inch baking pans.
- Bake at 300°F for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through the baking time.
- Remove from the oven when lightly toasted throughout.
- Cool, stir, and store in a tightly sealed container.
Makes 15 cups; 30 servings