- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup crushed wheat bran flakes cereal
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried fruit (optional)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cereal, walnuts, and dried fruit.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a saucepan and heat until peanut butter melts.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and pour over dry ingredients. Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to the 8×8-inch baking pan and press mixture down firmly.
- Bake at 300°F for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 10 bars