Sidewalk Stencils: Hopscotch
Hopscotch • 1+ Players
- Players line up at the start of the hopscotch.
- Player one tosses a beanbag or small stone onto square 1. Then they jump over this square and proceed through the numbers until they reach the end where they turn around and hop back through the course. Remember when there are two numbers side by side, you can put both feet down at the same time!
- Player one picks up their beanbag or stone and then player two repeats until all players have completed the course.
- Once completing the course by skipping square 1, players go again, tossing the beanbag or stone onto square 2 and proceed just as before, however this time skipping square 2.
- The game continues, with players skipping each number until square 10 is skipped. If a player jumps on a line or lands on the skipped number, they start again.
Math Hopscotch • 2+ Players
This game works best with someone calling out math problems for the players. One person can play by doing their own math problems.
- The callers says a math problem with the answer between 1-10.
- The first players hops to that number. Then the caller asks, how many hops until 10? Once answered correctly, the players goes to 10 then hops back to the start. While waiting to hop to ten, the hopper can balance on one foot or run in place.
- Repeat for all players.