- 1 kabocha squash
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ white onion
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can black beans or 1 pound cooked ground meat
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can jalapenos (optional)
- 1½ teaspoons taco seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Wash kabocha squash under running water. Use a scrub brush, if possible. Dry off the squash with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the top of the kabocha squash and removed the seeds.
- Brush oil around the inside. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the squash begins to become soft.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, tomatoes, beans or meat, tomato sauce, seasoning, and cheese.
- Remove the squash from the oven.
- Stuff the rice mixture into the squash. Put the lid onto the squash.
- Bake for another 30-45 minutes, or until the filling is hot and the soft is completely tender.
- Slice into pieces and serve hot.
Makes 6-8 servings