Stretching is a great way to engage muscles throughout your body without hard impact. You can modify the movements to meet your needs and limitations. Stretch as far as you can without pain. Whether you stretch for three minutes at commercial breaks or spend 30 minutes trying these different stretches, all your physical activity for the day adds up!
Squat and Arm Reach
- Stand on the middle of the stretch band with feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly and hold the pose.
- While squatting, raise your arms over your head, pulling the stretch band tight.
- Bring your arms back to chest height and stand up straight.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for several repetitions.
- Stand with one leg in front of the other, bending the front knee. Take a step back with back foot until feet are more than shoulder width apart.
- Stand on the end of the stretch band with the front foot.
- With the opposite hand, pull the stretch band up like pulling the start cord to a lawnmower. Keep your shoulder and wrist straight, moving only your elbow. Repeat for several repetitions.
- Switch feet and repeat for several repetitions.
Tricep and Bicep Stretch
- Stand firmly with feet shoulder width apart.
- With one hand, hold the stretch band at your waistline.
- With the opposite hand, hold the stretch band and lift your arm out to the side and up until it is in line with your shoulder. Repeat for several repetitions.
- With the same hand, pull your arm upwards to shoulder level with your arm in front of you, your opposite hand at your waist. Repeat for several repetitions.
- Switch arms and repeat both the side and front stretches for several repetitions.