Take a memory trip back to your childhood and enjoy this hopscotch game with kids or even coworkers! Use painted stencils or sidewalk chalk outside. To play indoors, use masking or painter’s tape. Whether you play for five, ten, or thirty minutes, all your physical activity for the day adds up!
- Throw a stone, beanbag, or other small marker in the stencil area.
- Hop on one foot in single squares (1, 4, 7, 10). Hop on two feet in double squares (2,3; 5,6; 8,9).
- Jump past the square where your marker landed.
- At square 10, hop with both feet, turn around, and hop back to one. Be sure to skip your marker.
- Pick up your marker on the way back without stopping or setting down your second foot.
- If your maker lands on a line or outside the play area, you lose your turn.
- If you fall, jump outside the lines, or hop in a square with your marker you lose your turn.
- Take turns throwing the marker into each square, starting with one. The first person to reach 10 wins!
- Set a timer for 30 seconds and see if you can beat the clock without falling!