- ½ loaf Italian or French bread (split lengthwise)
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese (low fat, shredded)
- 3 Tablespoons green pepper (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons mushrooms (fresh or canned, sliced)
- ¼ cup spinach leaves
- Vegetable toppings (other, as desired, optional)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- Wash hands with warm soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast the bread until slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top bread with pizza sauce, vegetables and low-fat cheese.
- Return pizza to oven and heat until cheese melts, about 7-9 minutes.
Makes 2 servings
Note: This recipe can also be made in a toaster oven.