- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 15 ounce can white kidney beans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. [You can add a layer of tin foil to help prevent sticking.]
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a blender. Blend well until mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Scoop batter into small cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes 30 servings
- Blend beans first if ingredients are not mixing well. Add water a little at a time to help the blender work smoothly.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can combine ingredients in a bowl. First mash the beans with a rolling pin, fork, or other kitchen tool.
- Bulk containers of flaxseed are usually available at grocery or warehouse stores, which costs less than smaller containers. Flaxseed can be stored for a long time. Add it to oatmeal, smoothies, stews, and baked goods, and many other recipes for added fiber and Omega-3s.