- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Bell peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chopped dill
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and save the liquid.
- Mash chickpeas with a rolling pin, fork, or other kitchen tool.
- Add seasonings. Mix until blended.
- If hummus is too thick, add a little chickpea liquid or water.
- Serve with sliced vegetables, whole-grain crackers, tortilla chips, or pita bread.
- Try using a blender. Add water or chickpea liquid a little at a time to help the blender work smoothly.
Makes 4 servings