- 4 slices of multi-grain bread
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Turn on electric skillet or heat a skillet on the stove top.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet.
- Add 4 slices of multigrain bread to the skillet.
- Spread a small amount of butter or margarine on top of each slice of bread.
- When bottoms are golden brown, flip and toast the other side.
- Top with tomato slices, salt and pepper to taste, fresh basil leaves, and thinly sliced onions.
Makes 4 servings