- 1-2 c dry beans (pinto, black, white, chili, etc)
- Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Soak beans overnight or for several hours in the fridge.
- Rinse and discard cracked or split beans and pour into Instant Pot.
- Add water (about twice as much water as beans, at least 1-2 c. in a pressure cooker).
- Close and seal pressure cooker.
- Cook on manual pressure for 25-30 minutes.
- Release pressure when finished cooking. Be careful as hot steam escapes.
- Drain beans in a colander.
- Use immediately or rinse and cool.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freeze any leftovers.
- Beans & Rice (with toppings)
- Burrito bowls (with toppings)
- Refried beans
- Bean burritos
Makes 4-8 servings