- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2- 2 cups broth
- 1 can low-sodium green beans, drained (about 15 ounces)
- 1 can low-sodium diced tomatoes (about 15 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Nonstick Spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- In a medium-sized pan, sauté onions in for 3-5 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Add rice and broth.
- Cover and cook on medium high until rice is soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add green beans and tomatoes to cooked rice. Mix together.
- Spread rice mixture in the baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Makes 6 servings