- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces mushrooms, minced (optional)
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans green beans, drained
- Nonstick spray
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs or crushed cereal
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup minced onion
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Add in cream of mushroom soup, soy sauce, and low-fat milk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Turn off heat.
- Add canned green beans and sauce to baking pan; toss or stir to coat with mixture.
- In a bowl, stir together all topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of green bean mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Makes 12 servings