What is a SMART Goal?
SMART goals are goals that are specific and highly focused. They outline what change will be made when and how. Setting a SMART goal can help you take small steps to make big changes to improve your health now and in the future. SMART goals are:
- Specific – Make your goal focused on one thing you want to change.
- Measurable – Attach a number to your goal. It’ll be easier to tell if you met it or not.
- Attainable – Focus on one thing you can do today.
- Relevant – Set your goal in an area that could use change.
- Time-Bound – Give your goal an end date to re-evaluate and set a new goal.
How to Set a SMART Goal
The video below will walk you through how to set a SMART goal that works for you.
SMART Goal Challenges
In the video below, we talk through setting SMART goals around different habits, starting with being active. You can set your own SMART goal using the downloadable worksheet .