Cent$ible Nutrition News • March 2022 • Volume 25 | Number 6
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to spotlight healthy and informed food choices. For the month of March, everyone is invited to rethink their plate and “Celebrate a World of Flavors” with their favorite food and recipes from cultures around the globe. There are many healthy recipes that offer foods from each food group, making it easy to plan meals that are flavorful, balanced, and nutritious.
Celebrate a World of Flavors
“Celebrate a World of Flavors” by exploring new recipes and trying new herbs and spices on your favorite foods. The CNP website and the MyPlate Kitchen website are full of flavorful recipes from around the world. Many recipes use everyday ingredients that can be changed based your budget or personal food preferences. Choosing a variety of foods from all food groups (fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy or dairy alternatives, and protein foods) can help you use your usual ingredients in new ways. Here are a few ideas to spice up your meal planning routine:
Incorporate different flavors each week into your meal planning.
- Add flavor to your next lunch or dinner with a spicy lentil stew.
- Swap out the traditional tomato sauce with spinach pesto on pizza or pasta.
- Try a new take on eggs with a Breakfast Bruschetta.
- Top your favorite breakfast dish or tacos with some Mango Fruit Salsa.
- Play around with CNP Seasoning mixes to add a twist to your favorite dishes.
Choose healthier snacks that include foods from multiple food groups, such as:
Look to all our social media platforms for regular content posting and updates!
Download this newsletter as a PDF.