- 2 1/2 cups CNP Master Mix
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Coat skillet, electric skillet, or griddle with nonstick spray.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto hot surface.
- Turn when bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes. Cook until well browned on both sides.
- Fruit Pancakes or Waffles: add small pieces of your favorite fruit to the batter. Try blueberries, shredded apples, or diced bananas. Fruit can also be added on top after cooking.
- Pumpkin Pancakes or Waffles: add 1 cup of canned pumpkin, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp ginger to the batter. If batter is too thick, add water or milk a little at a time.
- Waffles: add 1 Tbsp canola oil to pancake mixture. Cook in preheated waffle iron. Makes 4 waffles.
Note: For a quick breakfast during the week, make or save extra pancakes or waffles, freeze them, then pop them in the microwave or toaster.
Makes 4 servings