- 11/2 cups CNP Master Mix (or 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 Tablespoon canola oil, dash of salt)
- 11/2 cups instant oats
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup add-ins: chopped dried fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, and/or baking chips (optional)
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Stir just until the dough is crumbly and fold in 1 cup of optional add-ins.
- Press the dough into an ungreased 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until the center is set and the bars are golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 9 servings
Raisin and Spice Bar
Add 1 cup raisins, and 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon cloves as add ins to step 4.