- 1 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup bran cereal, crushed
- 1/6 cup sugar (about 2 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large peach, diced
- Wash hands with warm soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Combine flour, bran, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in diced peach.
- Coat large muffin cups with non-stick spray and fill 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and allow to cool for several minutes before removing muffins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings