- 3 1/2 pounds raw chicken pieces
- 2 1/2 cups corn flakes or bran flakes cereal, finely crushed
- 20 whole-grain crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (1 teaspoon minced or 1/2 teaspoon powder)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a baking sheet (any size) with nonstick spray.
- Remove skin and visible fat from chicken. Cut chicken into strips or chunks.
- In a bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, mustard, and salt.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal and cracker crumbs, cayenne, and garlic.
- Dip chicken pieces into the yogurt mixture to coat. Then dip into the cracker mixture and pack crumbs onto each piece of chicken.
- Arrange pieces on baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 375°F for 50 minutes until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°. Larger pieces make take longer.
Makes 14 servings