- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Sauté onions, garlic, and oil in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, lentils, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until lentils are soft all the way through. Add more water for desired liquidity of sauce.
Makes 5 servings
1/2 cup per serving