- 5 large peppers
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups CNP Meat Sauce with Lentils
- 5 Tablespoons low-fat cheese
- 1 Tablespoons CNP Mexican Seasoning (optional)
- Chopped jalapeños or carrots (optional)
- 1 4-ounce can chopped black olives (optional)
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet (any size) with nonstick spray.
- Wash peppers. Cut off tops and scoop out seeds. To help them stand up, take a small slice off of the bottom. Trim around the stem of the peppers. Throw away the stem. Chop the trimming and bottom parts of the pepper, then set aside.
- Mix CNP Mexican Seasoning into CNP Meat Sauce with Lentils for extra spice.
- Place peppers in 9×13-inch baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Layer inside each pepper a Tablespoon of low-fat cheese, and then even amounts of rice and lentil sauce until the peppers are mostly filled. Sprinkle each top with chopped pepper from the trimmed top and bottom along with any desired extra ingredients like chopped jalapeños, carrots, or black olives.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 4o minutes. The peppers will change to a deeper color as they cook.
- If desired, sprinkle a little more cheese on each pepper after the 40 minutes, and then bake for another 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Makes 5 servings
1 pepper per serving