For the muffins
- 3 cups + 2 Tablespoons CNP Master Mix
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4cups low-fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped fruit (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- Nonstick spray or muffin tin papers
For the topping
- 1/3 cup white or brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup crushed toasted oat cereal
- 2 Tablespoons nut pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat 12 muffin pan cups with nonstick spray or place muffin papers in each tin.
- Combine CNP Master Mix and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, blend together egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients. Stir gently just until dry ingredients are moistened. Mixture should be lumpy.
- Fold in chopped almonds and pears.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 servings
1 muffin per serving