- 1 15-ounce can or package of water-packed salmon, drained
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes, from fresh or instant
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs or bran or corn flakes cereal finely crushed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Mix salmon, potatoes, onion, parsley, egg, salt and pepper with 1 cup of bread or cereal crumbs.
- Shape into patties and pat into remaining 1/2 cup of bread or cracker crumbs until covered.
- Heat pan or electric skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon oil and cook patties 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
Makes 6 servings
- This recipe is a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes.
- Pair salmon croquettes with a green salad and/or fruit for a balanced meal.