- 1 pound ground game meat
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium broth
- 6 Tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- 4 cups cooked whole-wheat pasta
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- In a large skillet or electric skillet, brown ground meat with onions, mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper. Remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet, mix together 1/2 a cup of broth and flour. Heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Add remaining broth.
- Reduce heat to low. Add yogurt and stir until combined.
- Add meat mixture and heat through.
- Serve over hot whole-wheat pasta.
Makes 4 servings.