- 1 cup hazelnuts
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange hazelnuts in a single layer on sheet.
- Toast hazelnuts in oven, stirring occasionally, until brown and fragrant, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven. Cover with kitchen towel to steam for 1 minute. Rub nuts in the towel to remove loose skins and cool completely. Alternatively, let hazelnuts sit until cool to touch and rub hazelnuts together with your hands to remove loose skins.
- Store in airtight container in pantry for 6 months or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Enjoy with oatmeal, parfaits, trail mix (Great with our Trail Mix Granola!), or chop and add as topping to your favorite dishes.
Stovetop Directions Heat a medium sized skillet to medium heat. Add hazelnuts and toast until brown and fragrant, stirring frequently, about 5-10 minutes. Follow steps 4-7.
Add Seasonings Coat hazelnuts in nonstick spray and sprinkle on seasonings of choice during step 3. (Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cayenne, paprika, dill, etc)
Makes 1 cup | 4 servings