- 1 onion (small, peeled and chopped)
- 1 small zucchini (small, washed and chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (washed, seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 broccoli head (washed and chopped)
- 1 carrot (scrubbed and shredded)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded low-fat)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Cooking oil spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Spray a pan with cooking oil.
- Chop vegetables. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle with half the vegetables and half of the cheese.
- Place a second tortilla on top. Cook on medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and the bottom tortilla starts to brown.
- Flip quesadilla. Cook for 4 minutes or until tortilla browns.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the other two tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with salsa.
Makes 2 servings