- 2 zucchinis (medium, 2 1/2 cups chopped)
- 4 carrots (medium, 1 1/4 cups grated)
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped)
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 mini pitas (6 inch)
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Remove the broccoli flowers from stems, cut the flowers into small florets and put into mixing bowl. Peel carrots and cut off the ends. Grate carrots and put into mixing bowl.
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices. Cut each slice into quarters and put into bowl.
- Grate the cheese and put into a separate bowl. Measure oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and mix together.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Put the spices in the heated oil and then add the mixture of vegetables to the pan. Stir vegetables with a wooden spoon and saute about 5 minutes. When the vegetables are slightly tender, remove from heat.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into the pita. Top the hot vegetables with 1 ounce grated cheese.
Makes 12 servings