- 2 cups cooked vegetables from frozen, canned, or fresh
- 1/2 cup sliced cooked meat (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- In a large skilled or electric skillet, combine vegetables and meat over medium heat. Heat until warm.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and seasonings until blended.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Cover and cook until eggs are almost set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Let stand until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
Makes 6 servings