- 1 ½ cup dry pinto beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Cook beans and reserve some of the cooking liquid. Drain.
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions become clear. Add a little water if vegetables stick.
- Mash half of the beans, and add to onion and garlic. Continue to sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow some of the mashed beans to brown.
- Add cumin. Add remaining beans and cook until warmed through.
- Add water or beans liquid if needed to keep the beans soft and mushy.
Makes 6 servings