- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon & nutmeg
- Cumin & curry powder
- Italian seasoning
- Soy Sauce & chili powder
- White pepper & salt
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray. [You can add a layer of tinfoil to prevent sticking.]
- Drain chickpeas in a strainer and rinse well. Shake to remove excess water.
- Pour chickpeas onto sheet and spread into a single layer. Use a paper towel to gently press the beans to remove water and bean skins. Discard the skins.
- Sprinkle desired seasonings over beans. Shake the pan to distribute seasoning and spread beans into one layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-45 minutes, until beans are brown and crispy. Gently shake the cookie sheet every 15-20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Serve warm. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid or a sealable plastic bag.
Makes 8 servings