- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1/2 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil, canola oil, or olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Black pepper to taste
- Wash hands with warm soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Wash peas. Trim snap peas and cut in half.
- Steam peas in a perforated basket over 1 inch of boiling water until crisp tender, about 4 minutes.
- Place in a medium-sized bowl. Add soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature.
Makes 4 1/2-cup servings