- 4 cups potatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (red or green, chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed or finely chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salsa or hot sauce to taste
- 9 tortillas (flour or corn)
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high setting.
- Add onion, green pepper, potatoes, and garlic. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Raw potatoes may need longer; check if done with a fork.
- Reduce heat to medium setting, spread potato mix out to the sides of the skillet, leaving a space in the middle for the eggs. Add the eggs and scramble them until cooked (do not mix potatoes until eggs are cooked firm). Stir all ingredients together.
- Wrap tortillas around the filling and top with salsa and cheese.
Makes 9 servings