- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, chopped
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 6 muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Add milk and applesauce in a small bowl. Stir until blended
- Stir in flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until moistened (do not over mix).
- Gently stir in chopped apple
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before serving. Store extra muffins in an airtight container.
Makes 6 servings