- 4½ cups low-sodium broth
- ½ cup onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables (2 cups)
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 14.5-ounce canned beef or 2 cups cooked, ground meat
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Chop the onion.
- In a large saucepan, mix broth, onion, Italian Seasoning, bay leaf, and black pepper. Heat.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and beef, but not tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. Remove bay leaf and throw away.
- Stir in tomatoes. Heat through.
Makes 8 servings.