- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3-4 medium carrots, grated (or 1 cup shredded)
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 3 eggs
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, wheat flour, raisins, walnuts (optional), baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add applesauce, carrots, vanilla yogurt, and eggs. Stir until just mixed.
- Spoon muffin mixture into pre-greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes for regular muffins, or 15-18 minutes for mini muffins.
- Serve warm, drizzled with honey or maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 12 regular muffins | 24 mini muffins