- Cooking Spray
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2-3 large eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat one large or two small baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- Steam the cauliflower for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, mince the cauliflower or finely chop it using a blender or food processor.
- Add 2 eggs and the remaining ingredients into the minced cauliflower. If the mixture is too crumbly, add the third egg. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting, stir the mixture again. Scoop cauliflower with a tablespoon onto the sprayed baking sheet. Form the ball into the shape of a tater tot. Repeat to make 35 tots.
- Spray the top of each tot with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the tots and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 7 servings