- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 4 cups), cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups corn (about 2 ears of fresh corn or 1 can)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro or 2-4 Tablespoons dried cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salad dressing
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Mix the cooked sweet potato, corn, black beans, onion and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the top and mix to coat all ingredients.
- Serve with rice, tortillas or add your favorite toppings.
Roast on Stove Top– Toss the cooked sweet potatoes lightly in oil, salt and pepper and cook on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes until slightly browned. Add corn and onions and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan, let cool and follow steps 2-4.
Add a Mexican Dressing– In a small bowl or jar mix together 2 Tablespoons canola oil, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, salt and black pepper to taste. Shake or stir dressing until thoroughly mixed. Pour over salad and mix. Let salad stand 15 minutes to blend flavors before serving.
Makes 8-10 servings