- 3 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetables, chopped (spinach, onion, etc.)
- 4 meat patties (pork, turkey, sausage)
- 1 tomato, sliced in rounds (optional)
- 4 slices low-fat cheese (optional)
- 4 whole wheat English muffins or bagels
- Muffin tin
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray 4 cups of a muffin tin cups with nonstick spray.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, milk, and seasonings. Pour evenly in to 4 muffin tin cups. Top with chopped vegetables.
- Bake eggs for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture has set and is firm in the middle.
- While eggs are cooking, heat electric skillet or pan to medium heat. Cook meat patties for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. For pre-cooked patties, follow package instructions.
- Remove meat patties and drain excess grease. In the same pan, lightly toast English muffins or bagels, 2-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from heat. If using toaster, toast to desired browning.
- When eggs are done, allow to cool for 2-5 minutes. Gently remove from the pan by running a knife around the edges.
- Assemble each sandwich by placing 1 egg on the bottom half of the muffin or bagel, add meat patty, tomato, and cheese, then add the top of the English muffin or bagel.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool before freezing.
To freeze additional sandwiches: After assembling sandwiches, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Place the sandwiches in gallon resealable bag then freeze. To reheat, remove the sandwich from the wrapper, place the sandwich in a damp paper towel or clean, damp cloth, and microwave for 1 minute. Flip the sandwich over and microwave for an additional 30 seconds, until warmed through.
Makes 4 Breakfast Sandwiches