- 2 cups fresh steamed broccoli, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 avocado
- Broccoli juice or water, if needed
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Steam broccoli and save the liquid.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Add broccoli juice or water as needed if the mixture is too thick.
- Refrigerate for several hours. Serve chilled.
- Serve with vegetable slices, whole grain crackers, or tortilla chips.
Makes 6 servings