- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup bread crumbs (crushed)
- 2-3 Tablespoons vegetable oil, as needed
- 1-2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash the sweet potatoes and pat dry. Pierce several times around the sweet potato with a fork.
- Microwave sweet potatoes on a microwave-safe plate for 5-8 minutes, or until soft. Turn sweet potatoes halfway through for even cooking.
- Remove from microwave and let cool, then peel the skins from the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium bowl. Mash them with a fork.
- Add egg, salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder to the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Place crushed bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Shape sweet potato mixture into 8 small patties.
- Roll each patty in the crushed crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Brown each patty on both sides in the oil.
Makes 8 servings
Tip: If sweet potatoes are not soft after 5 minutes, continue microwaving in 30 second increments.