February 2021 is Peanut Butter Month!
Why Add Peanut Butter to Your Plate
This month, CNP is all about peanut butter! Peanut butter is a low-cost source of protein that can be used in all kids of ways. Checkout all the great things about peanut butter!
- Peanut butter is a good source of protein, which aids in growth, provides energy, and helps build, repair, and maintain body tissues.
- Peanut butter is a plant protein, which helps you vary your protein routine.
- While peanut butter is a good protein choice, watch your serving size, as peanut butter has a high fat content.
- Peanut butter is easy on your budget- about $0.07 per Tablespoon!
- Peanut butter is great on sandwiches, in dips, in sauces, and in smoothies.
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter is 1 serving of protein.
Learn more about peanut butter on the MyPlate website.
All About Peanut Butter Videos
What is the difference between regular and natural peanut butter? Is one kind of peanut butter healthier than other? Find out in this video!
The nutrients vary between brands and styles. Check out the peanut butter labels the next time you’re at the grocery store.
Protein foods include meat, fish, nuts, seeds, tofu, beans, and lentils. Eating a variety of protein foods is important for a healthy diet, and it can help keep your food costs low. Check out this video on breaking down the costs of different protein foods.
Nuts, seeds, and peanut butter are a great snack without saturated fat, but be sure to check the serving size on the nutrition label. These foods are high in calories.