- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons raisins
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- Water, if needed
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Combine all ingredients except oats, raisins, and chocolate chips in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add oats and mix well.
- Fold in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Serve with whole grain graham crackers or apple slices.
Makes 6 servings