- 1/4 cup red or green lentils
- 1 cup old fashioned (large flake) oats
- 1 cup CNP Master Mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or melted butter)
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas, over-ripe, mashed
- maple syrup (optional, to serve with pancakes)
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the lentils according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, CNP Master Mix, brown sugar, cinnamon. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the yogurt, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients along with the mashed banana and cooked lentils, and stir until just combined.
- Set a heavy skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook about 1/4 a cup of batter at a time. Cook for a couple of minutes on medium, until bubbles begin to break through the surface, then flip. Pancakes shoudl be golden and springy to the touch.
- Serve warm drizzled with maple syrup (optional).
Makes 20 servings