- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Seasonings (amounts of seasonings are for 10 cups of popped pop corn)
- Spicy: 1 teaspoon chili powder + 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sweet: 2 teaspoons cinnamon + 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Savory: 2 teaspoons ranch dressing seasoning
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Test that the oil is ready by adding 3 popcorn kernels to the pot and covering it with the lid.
- Once the test kernels pop, take them out. Add the rest of the kernels. Cover the pop with the lid.
- Let the popcorn pop. Carefully slide the pot back and forth to keep the kernels from burning.
- When the popping slows down, remove the pot from the heat.
- Add your chosen seasonings.
Makes 10 servings