- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Nonstick spray or muffin tin papers
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat 12 muffin pan cups with nonstick spray or line with muffin papers.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend together egg, sugar, applesauce and milk.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Mixture should be lumpy.
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins