- 3 cups Winter squash, cooked and mashed
- 4 Tablespoon margarine
- 3 Tablespoons packed cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins, cranberries, or chocolate chips (optional)
- Nonstick spray
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash winter squash and cut in half.
- Place squash in a baking pan and add enough water to cover the bottom. Place squash in the pan, open side down.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until squash is completely soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While squash is cooking, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add in egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mash winter squash until smooth. Measure our 3 cups and add it to the margarine mixture.
- In a separate bowl. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to the squash mixture. Mix until flour mixture is all incorporated.
- Fold in raisins, cranberries, or chocolate chips.
- Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick spray
- Scoop cookies by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cookies cool, glaze them, if desired.
Makes 12-15 large cookies, 20 small cookies