- 2 cups CNP Meat Sauce, frozen or thawed
- 4 cups kidney or pinto beans cooked, or (2 15 ounce cans, drained)
- 2-3 Tablespoons chili powder
- ½ cup water, as needed
- Wash hands with warm soapy water for 20 seconds.
- In a saucepan, heat CNP Meat Sauce until thawed, if using frozen.
- Add beans and chili powder.
- Heat through and serve.
Makes 6 cups | 4 servings
Note: If using dried beans, please use one of the cooking methods below.
Cooking Dried Beans
- Wash hands in warm soapy water.
- Rinse beans in cool water, then follow one of the methods below.
Quick Cook Method
- Put the beans in a large pot and add 12 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Cover pot and let sit for 1 hour.
- Discard soaking water and add fresh water to cover the beans. Return to heat and simmer for 1-3 hours, adding water if needed.
- Put the beans in a large pot and add 6 cups of water.
- Let soak for 6 or more hours in the refrigerator.
- Discard soaking water and add fresh water to cover the bean. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1-3 hours, adding water if needed.
- Put the beans in a crockpot and add 6 cups of water.
- Cook on high 5-8 hours or until beans are tender.
- Discard soaking water.
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Method
- Soak beans overnight or for several hours in the fridge.
- Rinse and discard cracked or split beans and pour into Instant Pot.
- Add water (about twice as much water as beans, at least 1-2 c. in a pressure cooker).
- Close and seal pressure cooker.
- Cook on manual pressure for 25-30 minutes.
- Release pressure when finished cooking. Be careful as hot steam escapes.
- Drain beans in a colander.